KMT SEIM SECURITY SOLUTIONS
SIEM solutions to help get on top of threats when they arise
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software provides realtime analysis of security alerts trigger in hardware, software, and in other systems. Using globally-gathered intelligence, SIEM solutions matches, categorises, tracks, records, and responds to events as they happen. Using this data, your cyber security team can improve and implement changes to your security systems.
Quick identification of threats is absolutely essential for businesses of all sizes. First and foremost, it allows for quick response to minimise the impact that threats can have on sensitive data. It can also help you save money and remain compliant with improved log collection, analysis, and data retention.
About our SIEM solutions
Managed SIEM solutions allow organisations to quickly and effectively scale their responses to security issues. Here are some of the benefits as they apply to you, a business owner:
- Outsources SIEM solutions are resourceful and don’t require the management of in-house teams.
- Cost-effectiveness is also a great benefit for organisations looking for the best possible coverage.
- SIEM solutions are comprehensive and allow visibility over all kinds of devices and other assets.
- Monitoring and analysis
- Compliance support
- Incident response plan and management
- Log retention
- Windows service monitoring
- Configuration change monitoring
- Failed login identification
- Firewall security
- Perimeter attack forensics
- Mitre attack identification
- Security monitoring and identification
- Threat response
- Automatic threat notification
Keep on top of threats as they happen with SIEM software solutions from Kaine Mathrick Tech.
SIEM services and solutions from Kaine Mathrick Tech
SIEM services are about quickly and effectively checking activity against a set of predefined rules. The success of SIEM largely relies on extensive, relevant data, that pulls from all sectors of your business. It requires time and commitment. It’s an all-or-nothing endeavour.
At Kaine Mathrick Tech, our focus is to deliver SIEM services that respond effectively to the issues that face your business in particular. We’ll create a fast-acting solution that identifies, logs, and responds to threats as quickly as possible.
The 15 Ways Approach
SIEM services form part of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework of Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, Recover. We action this framework with a holistic, 15-way plan that includes:
- Workplace cyber security audits
- Data Centre cyber security audits
- Password protection
- Effective, proactive, regular back ups
- Mobile device security
- Multi factor authentication
- Phishing simulation & Spam email monitoring
- Security awareness training
We’ll keep your business protected from all angles with our superior cyber security services.
Why choose Kaine Mathrick Tech?
We employ SIEM services for our own protection, so you know they’ll work for you.
Dedicated support team
Your dedicated support team will respond to threats identified by SIEM security.
Australia-owned and operated
We develop local SIEM solutions for local businesses, giving you timely response.
Our commitment together ensures that you’ll have SIEM solutions that grow over time.
A human face of tech
We aim to become a fully integrated arm of your business, breaking down barriers.
What our clients are saying about SIEM services
“We have been working with KMT for a number of years now and find them to be most responsive to our needs. They often assist with working with other ICT providers and have been eager to assist in IT architectural reviews. They not only provide assistance on a day to day basis, but have been instrumental in bring to our attention compliance and risk mitigation factors to ensure the safety of our data.“
“We have been with Scott and the KMT team for four years now and are delighted with the service. They really take ownership of our IT systems and work hard to ensure we run smoothly at all times. Would highly recommend.“
“KMT are great to deal with. We were initially recommended KMT from another business colleague and have been very impressed. They are collaborative, adaptive to our requirements and forward-thinking in an ever-changing technology environment. Highly recommended.“
Kaine Mathrick Tech is a recognised leader in providing SIEM solutions for all kinds of businesses. We hold accreditations with other recognised industry leaders, including Microsoft, Datto, VM Ware, and more. As a customer of ours, you'll have access to all the benefits these partnerships bring as part of our collaboration.
Frequently asked questions about SIEM security
How does SIEM work?
In a nutshell, here is how SIEM systems work to protect your business:
- Software logs event data that transpires throughout your organisation’s systems
- This data is collated in a centralised platform and sorted into categories
- When the software discovers a threat that goes against normal data, it triggers an alert
- The threat is categorised and prioritised as ‘low’ or ‘high’ based on a set of rules
- Security teams can then address the threat quickly and identify how serious it is
The purpose of SIEM is to continually evolve to respond to new threats as they happen.
What is an 'event' in the context of SIEM?
Simply put, an ‘event’ in the context of SIEM is something that happens. It’s a change in the way that processes are working as normal. Here are some examples of events:
- An email sent from one party to another
- A login attempt
- Software is downloaded to a device
- Servers are shut down briefly
If an event falls outside the prescribed rules of your SIEM system, it becomes and ‘incident’. Incidents have the potential to be benign, or become ‘threats’ to your organisation, which may result in a breach.
What's an example of SIEM at work?
SIEM has the ability to distinguish between what is a threat and what is simply a natural event in the course of day to day business.
For instance, a user struggling to remember their credentials, may attempt to log in to their email account upwards of 20 times over the course of an hour. The SIEM security team would ordinarily categorise an event of this nature as being of low priority.
However, the next day, the SIEM software discovers that the same account has had over 200 unsuccessful login attempts in a short period of time. According to the rules of the system, this is identified as a brute force attack.
The security team is alerted, and the threat receives a swift response.
What are the limitations of SIEM?
SIEM is not a complete cyber security solution. There are several limitations of SIEM software that businesses need to be aware of:
- Blind spots. SIEMs have difficulty responding to threats from unstructured data and in personal emails.
- Distinguishing. Without proper adjustment, SIEMs cannot distinguish between safe and unsafe data.
- Flexibility. Without a complete cyber security solution, SIEM services can be relatively inflexible.
As stated above, SIEM is only part of a comprehensive cyber security solution. If you are ready to take charge of your business’ cyber security efforts, then contact Kaine Mathrick Tech.
Ready to understand threats with SIEM? Let's get started.
More information on secure workplaces
It is becoming very hard to ignore the frequency small and medium Australian businesses are being targeted with cyber-attacks, ACSC concluded that 62% of SMBs have reported that they experienced…
Cyber threats are now the new norm across private and public sectors and continue to grow in 2021. Australians lost more than $634 million to scams in 2019 alone. Estimates indicate the annual cost to be as high as $29 billion.