Having a solid and brilliant information technology (IT) strategy is vital to your business. It ensures you’re leveraging technology to its fullest and meeting and driving all business needs. It sets you apart from your competitors. In short, IT strategy and transformation go hand in hand.
However, technology today is evolving at a rapid pace. Thus, you’d want to be well-versed with the latest trends. This enables you to run your business seamlessly and show your clients that your business is modern.
With that in mind, here are four IT strategies and consulting trends in 2023 you should be aware of:
Information technology is a highly diverse field. For your business to thrive, you may need to hire specialists in different areas such as software development, network architecture, application management, network administration and many more. If you decide to have an inhouse team, you’ll have to hire quite a number of employees, which may put significant strain on your business funds, including your office space.
Luckily, there’s a better approach. All you need to do is outsource a reputable IT consultant firm. This way, you vastly cut down your costs. First of all, the strategy consultant salary Australia is much less compared with hiring a full-time employee. Ideally, you can save on tax and overhead expenses by outsourcing to an IT consulting service. Also, it’ll save you from paying high leasing fees as your office space needs are minimised.
Other benefits you’ll acquire by hiring an IT consulting company include:
- Enhanced efficiency and innovation
- Guaranteed business continuity and sufficient risk management
- Healthy balance between strategy & salary
- Project management simplification
- Access to a wide array of IT expertise, ensuring you’re able to solve every issue, no matter how complex it might be
- Increased focus on core values of the business (1)
Cloud computing is the delivery of various services through the internet, inclusive of servers, databases, networking and data storage. With the help of cloud-based storage, you can store your files on a remote database instead of saving them on a hard drive or a local storage device. This makes data retrieval faster and more reliable. You can also run most of your business processes on the cloud rather than investing in inhouse servers which are usually very expensive. That’s why many enterprises are shifting to cloud computing. (2)
Cloud computing services may also support the following tasks:
- Data analysis
- Generating and testing apps
- Audio and video streaming
- Delivering software on demand
Here are some key advantages of cloud computing:
- Lower IT costs
- Access to automatic updates
- Collaboration efficiency
Business continuity (3)
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the reproduction of human intelligence in machines designed to think and act like humans. It’s a powerful business tool that helps your IT team in operational processes, enabling your team to act more strategically. Also, AI allows you to find solutions to complex business issues in a more human-like form.
Other significant roles of AI in your business are:
- Virtual assistance by using chatbots
- Process automation
- Personalised customer experience
- Effective sales process
This can substantially boost the efficiency of your business and can enhance the work your staff can do. As a result, errors are minimised, while accuracy and precision are increased.
Internet of things (IoT)
Internet of things refers to the network of physical electronic gadgets embedded with software, sensors, processors and other technologies to link and exchange information with one another through the internet. These connected gadgets or electronic devices are often referred to as “things”.
In essence, IoT sets up a common location for all the devices to deposit their information and offers a general communication language. The collected information is then examined, and precious data is extracted as per the project requirements. All the interconnected gadgets then share the outcomes.
Some examples of IoT in real life include:
- Process automation: Performing recurring tasks manually can be challenging and error-prone. You may need to connect various devices to share information, status and results, which is IoT-dependent.
- Data analytics: You can use IoT data analytics to identify trends and patterns by evaluating big and small data.
Smart office: With the help of IoT, you can remotely control your office. For instance, you may switch off office lights from any place if you forget to do it before leaving the office. This saves on energy and reduces your electricity bills.
Case Study: Spence Construction achieves improved productivity + transparency across the business
Spence Construction needed a technology partner that would challenge the status quo and help them innovate. Kaine Mathrick Tech has delivered Spence construction a proactive technology service that deals with issues before they become major problems.
Because technology changes so quickly, you must try to keep pace with current trends. But IT entails a lot, and it may not be feasible to maintain a full-time inhouse team. For this reason, you’d want to hire reliable IT strategy and consulting firms, such as PWC strategy& Australia, for a flat monthly fee. This is far much cheaper and presents you with an extensive pool of expertise to promptly solve any IT issues in your firm. Ultimately, your customers view your business as up-to-date and won’t hesitate doing business with you.
Cyber-First Managed Services
Maximise your technology investment with Kaine Mathrick Tech
Comprehensive Cyber Security
Hybrid working requires additional cyber security protection and our cyber-first managed services package includes comprehensive cyber protection. In fact we will ensure you comply with ACSC Essential Eight Maturity Level 2.
IT Strategy + Projects
Transform your business with a sound IT strategic roadmap that aligns with your business goals and requirements. Our solution architects provide solutions that suit your goals and budget.
Get to know more about Cyber-First IT Support for your business
- “IT Outsourcing 2021 Overview & Trends”, Source: https://sumatosoft.medium.com/it-outsourcing-2021-overview-trends-sumatoblog-1ef374434da3
- “Cloud Computing”, Source: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cloud-computing.asp#:~:text=Key%20Takeaways-,Cloud%20computing%20is%20the%20delivery%20of%20different%20services%20through%20the,and%20retrieve%20them%20on%20demand.
- “Benefits of cloud computing”, Source: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/running-business/digital-business/digital-risk-compliance/cloud-computing/benefits