Digital Transform with confidence
As of now, technology is a central pillar in business strategy, the reason why millions of businesses and individuals are in an urgent race to acquire the latest hardware and software. But in this attempt to digitally transform their businesses, about 84% of businesses fail, at least according to a recent study conducted by Forbes. (1)
If you intend to start your digital transformation journey or you’re already in the process, you better approach it differently so as not to join the large group of unsuccessful ones. One way to guarantee your success in digital transformation is by employing managed IT services providers. In this article, you’ll learn how managed service providers can help accelerate your technological upgrade.
It’s might be impossible to watch over your IT system for 24 hours every day, especially if you’re running a small- to medium-sized business. But with hackers and other criminal elements on the loose, you never know when they’ll attack your system and steal sensitive data, corrupt your files, or hold them until you pay some ransom. For instance, one health firm in the United States reports that it blocks up to 70,000 attempts a day to access its servers where they store protected health information. (2)
Partnering with a reliable managed IT support service can help you stay ahead in regard to detecting and preventing any threats to your system, as they usually operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. It’s a proactive approach that safeguards your hardware, software, and business data against destruction and theft.
Consider that the demand for IT contractors surged to a 23-year high in May 2021. Also, reports indicate that a significant list of IT specialists is already in short supply. In this sense, it would be pretty challenging to employ and maintain an in-house IT team to manage your computing systems. Remember, increased demand leads to higher prices. Thus, you may be forced to pay high salaries and benefits if you were to employ full-time IT specialists for your team. (3)
A managed IT services provider can rescue the situation, given that they leverage economies of scale to serve several businesses at reduced costs. If you contract one, you’ll only have to pay a manageable monthly fee. What’s more, you can rest assured that they have all the requisite specialists to address all your concerns, including cloud computing engineers, computer network specialists, database administrators, cybersecurity experts, software/application developers, IT analysts, and more.
Continuous knowledge improvement
Computing technology is rapidly advancing across the globe. Here are some eye-opening statistics:
- By 2030, there’ll be about 50 billion devices gathering, evaluating, and presenting data.
- The current internet adoption rate stands at an incredible 59%.
- 90% of all Big Data was generated in the past two years.
- 127 devices are freshly connected to the internet every second. (4)
Correspondingly, cyber threats are at an all-time high. It’s evident that you can’t keep up with all the latest developments unless that’s your full-time engagement. For instance, if you decide to tackle cyberthreats by yourself, the tactics used by hackers will have long evolved before you even get the hang of it. (5)
That’s why it’s critical to delegate your digital transformation needs to managed service providers who deal with such issues from the time they wake up until they retire to bed. To keep their businesses competitive, they continuously upgrade their skills to adequately counter emerging issues. Thus, you can place your trust in them to handle all IT issues, no matter how challenging they may seem.
In the face of disasters, a managed IT services provider can help you get back on your feet as soon as possible and thus proceed seamlessly with your digital transformation journey. Here are some of the most common causes of IT disasters:
- Power outages: Power outages in your server room can bring a standstill to your business operations and also damage your valuable equipment.
- Hardware failure: As no computing device can perform perpetually, you may sooner or later realize that your monitors, central processing units, VoIP phone system, or data servers, have stopped functioning.
- Software problems: Computer software can be attacked by viruses and malware, rendering them unusable.
- User error: Inexperienced personnel can issue erroneous commands to your business IT system and crash it.
- Natural occurrences: Earthquakes, fires, lightning, floods, and cold temperatures can physically damage your hardware.
Managed IT services providers are very instrumental in helping you achieve your digital transformation goals. When you start shopping for one, consider their expertise, level of experience, reputation, and, of course, costs. Once you bring a reliable provider on board, you’ll quickly transform your company’s technological systems.
- “Why 84% Of Companies Fail At Digital Transformation”, Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucerogers/2016/01/07/why-84-of-companies-fail-at-digital-transformation/?sh=159458fb397b
- “Hospitals Suffer New Wave of Hacking Attempts”, Source: https://www.wsj.com/articles/hospitals-suffer-new-wave-of-hacking-attempts-11612261802
- “IT contractor demand surged to 23-year high in May 2021”, Source: https://www.contractoruk.com/news/0015078it_contractor_demand_surged_23_year_high_may_2021.html
- “How Fast Is Technology Advancing in 2021?” Source: https://techjury.net/blog/how-fast-is-technology-growing/
- “Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2021”, Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/cyber-security-breaches-survey-2021/cyber-security-breaches-survey-2021