System Requirements for Windows 11
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with two or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: High-definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel
- Internet connection: Windows 11 Home edition requires internet connectivity and a Microsoft account to complete device setup on first use. Switching a device out of Windows 11 Home in Smode requires internet connectivity. (1)
Feature Specific Requirements for Windows 11
- 5G support: Requires a 5G-capable modem.
- Auto HDR: Requires an HDR monitor.
- BitLocker to Go: Requires a USB flash drive (available in Windows Pro and above editions).
- Client Hyper-V: Requires a processor with second level address translation (SLAT) capabilities
(available in Windows Pro and above editions).
- Cortana: Requires a microphone and speaker and is currently available on Windows 11 for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, U.K. and U.S.
- DirectStorage: Requires an NVMe SSD to store and run games that use the Standard NVM Express Controller driver and a DirectX12 GPU with Shader Model 6.0 support.
- DirectX 12 Ultimate: Available with supported games and graphics chips.
- Presence: Requires a sensor that can detect human distance from device or intent to interact with the device.
- Intelligent Video Conferencing: Requires video camera, microphone and speaker (audio output).
- Multiple Voice Assistant (MVA): Requires a microphone and speaker.
- Snap: Three-column layouts require a screen that is 1920 effective pixels or greater in width.
- Mute/Unmute from Taskbar: Requires video camera, microphone and speaker (audio output). App must be compatible with features to enable global mute/unmute.
- Spatial Sound: Requires supporting hardware and software.
- Teams: Requires video camera, microphone and speaker (audio output).
- Touch: Requires a screen or monitor that supports multi-touch.
- Two-factor authentication: Requires use of PIN, biometric (fingerprint reader or illuminated infrared camera) or a phone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- Voice Typing: Requires a PC with a microphone.
- Wake on Voice: Requires Modern Standby power model and microphone. (1)
- Windows 11 cheat sheet. Source: https://lg-static.techrepublic.com/direct/whitepapers/Windows_11_Cheat_Sheet.pdf