Service Desk Team Leader
Published on: November 21st, 2023
Last edited: November 23rd, 2023
As a result of organic year-on-year growth, and our people levelling up, KMT has an opportunity for an experienced Team Leader on our Service Desk.
Based in our expansive Port Melbourne offices, we are looking for a people leader to inspire, nurture and lead one of our five teams of Service Desk technicians who are all first and foremost customer service professionals.
United, Accountable, Game Changers. At KMT we work with our values front of mind to deliver a game-changing experience for our Managed Services clients, and our team. We go above and beyond in every interaction with clients, stakeholders and importantly, each other.
KMT launched in 2010 to provide IT support to small and medium businesses in Australia. We have achieved year-on-year growth by focusing on the needs of our clients. We have carefully created a workplace where our team can flourish and realise their career aspirations.
We are proud to be named #4 MSP’s in Australia by Channel Futures, Great Place To Work certified 3 years in a row, and a finalist in the Women in ICT (WiICTA) awards in 2022.
The Service Desk Team Leader reports to our Service Desk Manager and is a key position within our Service Desk. Our Team Leaders play a vital and hands on role in our service delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership, management and accountability (LMA) of team members to drive customer satisfaction through outstanding service delivery.
- Managing the flow of tickets through the team, ensuring all tickets are managed in accordance with ticket allocation, scheduling, and Service Desk best practices.
- Act as an escalation point.
- Help to drive continual improvement of Service Desk processes.
- Work collaboratively with Service Desk Manager, General Manager, Account Managers, as well as our clients and other partners.
- Providing regular 1:1 mentoring and coaching to your team members, setting goals and objectives for both professional and personal development.
- Ensure all team members have clarity of role, KPI’s and expectations.
- Manage prioritisation of escalated incidents
- Update work instructions / processes and document processes for improvement.
- Submit service desk dashboard reporting to management on a regular basis
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven success as a people leader and helping their people elevate.
- A proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Highly developed and effective collaboration skills.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Sound attention to detail and strong organisation and time management skills.
- Experience in driving efficiencies, continuous improvement and leading a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience within an MSP and solid level of technical proficiency (MS365, Azure, Networking, cloud technologies)
Why you should apply:
Because you love to deliver game changing service to clients and be a role model to your team in doing so. You want to develop your team and help them elevate in their chosen direction.
You love IT and innovation. You want to be part of a fast growing, high performance team on its journey to become Australia’s most secure MSP.