KMT ENDPOINT DETECTION RESPONSE (EDR)
End point detection with the end-user in mind
The nature of many cyber security threats is that they affect the devices that we use every day — laptops, tablets, phones, and desktop PCs. These devices are known as endpoints, and in the uncertain world of cyber security, businesses need much more than antivirus software to stay safe.
At Kaine Mathrick Tech, we approach endpoint detection and response with the end-user in mind. We work with you and your staff to identify where threats are most likely to arise. When these threats do arise, we respond swiftly. Our response also includes learning from the threat to improve your defenses in the future.
About our approach to endpoint detection and response
We apply a two-pronged approach to endpoint detection and response, keeping in step with the requirements of the modern workforce. Enterprise endpoint security is focused on patching even the smallest vulnerabilities in an organisation’s defence. As organisations transition to a more remote-focused workforce, their endpoint detection requirements must change to protect those at home and abroad.
- Continuous data collection and analytics
- Reporting to a single system for full visibility
- Automated data collection activities
- Automated threat response capabilities
- Deeper insights to grant threat hunters full context
- Protection and education around the use of personal devices
- Access to latest updates and security patches
- Multifactor and two-factor authentication for all devices
- VPN connection for those accessing sensitive data
- 24/7 monitoring and coverage
- Cyber attack prevention
- Threat detection
- Threat containment
- Policy driven Protection
- Risk identification
- DNS Protection
- Response and remediation
- Attack forensics and automation
- Patching and computer updates
Protect your devices in the office and remotely with EDR security from Kaine Mathrick Tech.
EDR security from Kaine Mathrick Tech
Protecting your devices with EDR solutions is just one piece of the puzzle. Cyber security begins with knowledge — knowledge of your systems, knowledge of the threats you face, and knowledge imparted to your staff to improve their vigilance and visibility over the issues at hand.
At Kaine Mathrick Tech, we work with businesses to create cyber security solutions that work from the bottom up. We identify the most vulnerable elements of your system and continuous change and improve our responses to give you the best all-round coverage.
The 15 Ways Approach
Endpoint detection and response is part of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework of Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, Recover. We uphold this framework with a holistic, 15-way plan that includes:
- Workplace cyber security audits
- Data Centre cyber security audits
- Password protection
- Effective, proactive, regular back ups
- Mobile device security
- Multi factor authentication (MFA)
- Phishing simulation & Spam email monitoring
- Security awareness training
We’ll get started by assessing the threats you face on your endpoint devices with our superior EDR solutions.
Why choose Kaine Mathrick Tech?
We utilise the same EDR processes to address threats in our business, so you can trust their effectiveness.
Dedicated support team
Our EDR teams are ready to address problems that affect your business quickly and thoroughly when they arise.
Australia-owned and operated
We address endpoint detection and response issue locally and in real-time, minimising damage.
We grow our partnership with you over the course of years, learning and improving our EDR security.
A human face of tech
We work closely as an integrated part your team to improve our responses to threats on endpoint devices.
What our clients are saying about EDR services
“Kaine Mathrick Tech have taken our IT to the next level. They have experienced personnel at all levels and are very friendly. They always respond quickly and are efficient. It has always been a pleasure working with them.“
“The team at KMT are great, whenever issues arise, they are onto it and help you resolve the issue. The ability to prioritize issues by importance is a good tool.“
“I have been surprised and delighted by the service provided by Natasha at KMT. She has been empathetic, responsive, timely and has gone over and above to assist me with my issue. It has been a long time since I have received personalised service like this from an IT company!“
Kaine Mathrick Tech is recognised as an industry leader delivering endpoint detection and response solutions. We hold accreditations with other well-known industry leaders, including Microsoft, Fortinet, Datto, VM Ware, and more. When you work with us, you get unfettered access to these partnerships.
Frequently asked questions about Endpoint Detection & Response
What is an endpoint?
In short, any device connected to a network is considered an endpoint. This includes:
- Mobile devices
- Automated teller machines
- Medical devices
All of these devices are considered vulnerable in the hands of a scammer or hacker. Protection of yourself with EDR protection is the best step towards preventing potential data loss and exploitation.
What does endpoint detection protect my business against?
- Ransomware can hold your data hostage for payment. It can even go so far as to take over an entire endpoint.
- Malware like Trojans and spyware can infiltrate and steal sensitive data.
- Cryptocurrency mining malware can pace a huge drain on endpoints and other resources.
- Fileless malware can run on native processes without a single file being downloaded.
These are just some of the issues facing businesses just like yours, today. Get in touch with the team at Kaine Mathrick Tech for a free cyber security assessment, and let’s work together to defend against these serious threats.
What makes for a good endpoint detection and response solution?
Like with many cyber security solutions for small to medium-sized businesses, endpoint detection and response solutions need to balance scalability with affordability. As a business owner, you should be looking for the most comprehensive solution with the least amount of maintenance.
Good endpoint detection and response software will have the following components:
- AI and machine learning capabilities to respond to threats in real-time
- Firewall, anti-malware, and antivirus protection measures to work with many endpoint devices
- Proactive web and browser security to keep users safe
- Data loss prevention capabilities
- Email gateways to block phishing and other malicious attempts
- Protection from accidental and purposeful misuse from users
- Data, email, and disk encryption, if necessary
- Endpoint management platform and data forensics to improve moving forward
How does endpoint detection differ from antivirus software?
Antivirus software makes up a single element of endpoint detection and response. Antivirus software covers a single endpoint (like a laptop, desktop, or mobile device. Its only job is to protect that single endpoint. Installing antivirus software on a single endpoint can be a costly endeavour for many businesses.
Comprehensive endpoint detection can cover your entire network and protect you against any number of malicious threats. This coverage protects all endpoints, regardless of who is using them. This can include those used by remote workers.
In short, antivirus can not keep up with the sophistication of modern threats quite like endpoint detection can.